Stephanie Payab's Blog
Regardless of whether you're buying or selling a home, it is important to keep your house looking great at all times. By doing so, you'll be able to boost your home's appearance and maintain or increase your house's value for years to come.
A professional cleaning service remains a popular choice for homeowners, as this service makes it easy for homeowners to enhance the quality and appearance of a residence. Finding the right home cleaning service, however, may seem like an uphill climb, particularly for homeowners who are searching for a professional cleaning service for the first time.
Lucky for you, we're here to take the guesswork out of finding the right home cleaning service – here are three tips to streamline the process of discovering the ideal professional cleaning service.
1. Ask Friends and Family Members for Help
Friends and family members serve as valuable resources, especially if you're searching for a home cleaning service. These loved ones may be able to offer recommendations based on their past professional cleaning service experiences, ensuring you can find a terrific home cleaning service in no time at all.
Ask friends and family members about their past home cleaning service experiences. This may allow you to find a trusted professional cleaning service, one that can help you transform your ordinary residence into a dazzling one.
2. Browse Customer Reviews
Professional cleaning services are readily available nationwide, so how can you differentiate a great home cleaning service from a mediocre one? Customer reviews, of course!
Yelp, Angie's List and other home service review websites can help you take the guesswork out of finding a professional cleaning service. These websites publish positive and negative home cleaning service reviews from customers, ensuring you can gain insights into various professional cleaning services that you may struggle to obtain elsewhere.
Spend some time browsing customer reviews online – you'll be glad you did! If you explore customer feedback from across the web, you can better understand what separates a wonderful professional cleaning service from a subpar one.
3. Get Support from a Real Estate Agent
Real estate agents offer expert tips and guidance to homebuyers and home sellers alike. As such, they understand the best home cleaning services in numerous cities and towns and are happy to help you discover the perfect professional cleaning service.
Furthermore, real estate agents may be able to help you find a home cleaning service that fits your schedule and budget. These agents understand that is paramount to employ a professional cleaning service that is available at dates, times and prices that work for you. Thus, real estate professionals will go above and beyond the call of duty to help you discover the right home cleaning service at any time.
A home cleaning service ensures you can eliminate dust, debris and odors from your residence. And if you dedicate the necessary time and resources to hire a professional cleaning service today, you can minimize such problems both now and in the future.
Ready to transform an ordinary kitchen into a stellar one? With a kitchen cleaning checklist, any home seller can revamp a kitchen's look and feel.
Ultimately, there are several things to include in a kitchen cleaning checklist, such as:
If you cook regularly, your kitchen countertops may become messy. Plus, if you store a wide range of items on your kitchen countertops, these items may collect dust over time.
Fortunately, it usually doesn't take long for a home seller to clean kitchen countertops and improve their overall appearance.
It may prove to be worthwhile to clean the kitchen countertops daily. Wiping down the countertops regularly ensures that dust and debris can be eliminated before they cause long-lasting damage.
Furthermore, don't forget to eliminate as much clutter as possible from your kitchen countertops. This will enable you to show off the true beauty of your kitchen countertops, thereby increasing the likelihood that potential homebuyers will be impressed by your home's kitchen.
If food particles fall onto the floor while you're cooking – and you fail to clean them up in a timely fashion – serious problems may arise in your kitchen. However, a diligent home seller will know how to keep the kitchen floors looking great at all times.
Cleaning the kitchen floors typically is a weekly task that may require just a few minutes to complete.
If you have tile floors in your kitchen, warm water can be used to wipe down the floors as needed. Also, sweeping or vacuuming tile floors will enable you to get rid of loose soil and grit.
Comparatively, if you have hardwood floors in your kitchen, boiling water may prove to be essential. Wash your kitchen's hardwood floors thoroughly, and you can enhance their appearance in no time at all.
Believe it or not, the kitchen sink can make a world of difference in the eyes of potential homebuyers. If you dedicate the necessary time and resources to clean the kitchen sink, you should have no trouble impressing homebuyers any time they check out your house's kitchen.
Using a general-purpose cleaner is all it takes to clean a kitchen sink. After you apply the cleaner, wipe the sink dry, and you're good to go.
Daily kitchen sink cleaning is paramount. If you spend even a few minutes each day cleaning the kitchen sink, you can maintain the sink's appearance both now and in the future.
If you need additional help with kitchen cleaning, don't hesitate to reach out to a home cleaning company for assistance. This business hires professionals who understand the ins and outs of cleaning a kitchen – as well as other areas of a home – and will help you revamp a house's appearance.
Lastly, feel free to contact a real estate agent for support throughout the home selling process. With an expert real estate agent at your side, you can boost your chances of getting the best price for your residence.
- Scrub grout in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Wash pillow and mattress protectors as well as duvet covers.
- Discard any food in the freezer that has become freezer burnt or is past its time.
- Wax any wood floors your home may have.
- Dust fans you have throughout your home. Don’t forget to do this in the winter when they are not in use to avoid build-up.
- Wipe down and disinfect light switch plates and door knobs.
- Wipe down and disinfect your home phones and your family’s cell phones.
- Flush drains. Try a natural solution by pouring baking soda down drains and allowing to sit overnight to deodorize. In the morning pour hot water down the drain to rinse the baking soda out and flush the drain.
- Wipe down walls, doors and baseboards.
- Check the fire alarms throughout your home and replace any batteries when necessary.
- Dust each room in your home.
- Empty all trash bins throughout your home. Don’t forget smaller, less used baskets like in your child’s room or in the office.
- Clean sinks, toilets, and bath of any soap scum or buildup.
- Vacuum and mop the floors throughout your home.
- Wipe down surfaces like tables and counters.
- Clean mirrors and windows.
- Wash sheets and pillowcases.
- Sort through your mail and email inbox. Pay any upcoming bill and file paperwork as necessary.
- Clean fridge out of any food that has gone past its expiration.
- Wipe down appliances in the kitchen such as the microwave, stove, and toaster.
- Wipe down and deodorize trashcans and recycling bins.
- Put out fresh towels in your bathrooms and kitchen
- Tidy up. Keep on top of clutter by putting items away when they are no longer in use.
- Make the beds and if your children are old enough encourage them to make theirs.
- Sort out mail. File and discard as necessary.
- Clean up as you prepare meals to leave time to relax after dinner time instead of spending another hour in the kitchen.
- Wipe up any spills as they happen to avoid having to use elbow grease to clean up later.
- Sweep the kitchen floor and any other high traffic areas.
- Throw in a load of laundry. If you have a large family make laundry more manageable by doing a load a day.